Meet Our People | Martha MacPherson
Every month, we will be featuring one of our employees to give you a better look at the people powering D4. This month, we are focusing on Martha MacPherson, Senior Vice President, Marketing.
1. How did you get into eDiscovery?
MacPherson: I landed in the eDiscovery industry by chance (and luck!). I have 25 years of experience working with start-up and high-growth companies in Boston and Silicon Valley. When I moved back to Rochester in 2010, I wanted to find a company that was getting ready for the same kind of rapid expansion and growth, where I could apply everything I learned from those pre-IPO organizations. I was introduced to D4 and quickly knew that this was the place for me. I didn’t know anything about eDiscovery or computer forensics but knew that the industry was expanding and that it was a really interesting space. The rest is history!
2. What is your favorite part about your job at D4?
MacPherson: The people! Our tagline is “powered by people” and it is so true. The D4 team has some of the best and brightest people in the industry. Our employees are our most important asset. Each and every person at D4 embraces our “do what it takes” vision, which gives clients confidence and incomparable peace of mind. We are not just a company, we are a family.
3. What is one workflow/tip that you think every client should know about?
MacPherson: We are so much more than eDiscovery! In 2016 D4 was acquired by Special Counsel. The combination of our organizations allows us to offer full end-to-end litigation support services, from forensics and collections, to scanning and copying, to managed review and legal staffing! I am not sure every client knows that, but it is something that is so important to the success of our clients.
4. What's one thing you can't live without?
MacPherson: My family, my daily cappuccino and my 90 pound lap dog!
Discover More Content from Martha MacPherson
- D4 Recognized as Best End-to-End eDiscovery Provider and Top Managed eDiscovery & Litigation Support Service Provider by National Law Journal
- D4 is First Relativity Partner to Offer RelativityOne in the UK
- D4 Celebrating Recognition as a Top Workplace in Rochester
- D4 Named Relativity Best in Service Partner by kCura for 8th Consecutive Year